Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Ready....Set...........

4 days till marathon #4!!! i'm ready. Today was 15 degrees in the morning - but Saturday is supposed to be 56, so thats exiting. We plan on leaving on Friday around noon. I have my list all set (just need to print) Need to wash my camel back & clean it.... What shoes to wear still concerns me. I'm afraid to use the saucany ones because they are the ones that gave me the blister - however my blister has healed leaving behind a very large callus - prehaps that will protect me from another blister saturday? Otherwise I will wear my brooks trail shoes - they have been working nicely on the shorter runs, and although I never planned on running a marathon with them, they have been feeling better than expected - so maybe I should give them a chance. We'll see - thinking that'll be a game day decision.

So far my runs have been right on schedule with a few extra miles here and there. Last week I made it to boot camp on Monday - so that workout + 1 mile.
Tuesday we did a 6 mile run some of it at a tempo pace. Wednesday I ran a mile and did a boot camp workout, Thursday was thanksgiving! The Sandwich YMCA and the Plano YMCA got together at sliver springs. We filled up the whole boat launch parking lot. Ran 8 miles there - it was a beautiful morning - wish I had gotten a picture. The trails were all raked thenks the the Midwest Misfits who had had a 5k "Gobbler Gallop" race the day before.

Friday I got a undeserved rest day - after 2 thanksgiving dinners + one more on Wednesday night I should have gotten up to run 20....

Saturday Debi, Judah, Mike, Angla and I got together at sliver springs - ran a 7 mile loop, then 3 more miles of trails. I felt ok, not my best, but not bad at all. Probably just tired from all the food I had eaten - Friday night was game night with Judah's sister and brother in law - we also went out for mexican food - my french fries were wondeful.

Sunday I got up and took Matilda on a 2 mile run, then got ready for the bears game - more drinking & eating.... By Monday I felt super fat and ready to get back to a good diet and my workout routine.  So Monday was boot camp and Tuesday was a 6 mile frozen run - 15 degrees! but felt really good and light. Tomorrow I plan to goto boot camp Run a mile - Thursday I was thinking of just doing 4 easy miles and then taking Friday totally off, or maybe going to boot camp but taking it easy. So that's it.... I'd really like to do Dick Pons Cross Country Challenge on the 2nd - but it's really hilly and i'm wondering if my muscles would just give out right on the way down a big hill - that would be awful - so I think I will not do that race. Still thinking about it though... That race is fun - and they have awesome food after and I really liked the shirt from last year....

All for now - happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment