Friday, March 25, 2011

5k speed

Right now I am training for the EFRC 5k on may 15th. Debi and my mom are going to drive up, spend the night, run the race (I think my mom is going to walk it) then do something fun on the way home. I have done a lot of running lately and my legs are paying the price. Not too bad but i'm a little concerned that my old injury is coming back. it felt pretty much ok yesterday and today, but the day before that both of my calves were highly un happy. This week I did a 6.5miler, a 5 on the mill, a 6.5 out side in the wind and then yesterday a 6 mile tempo run. 1m warm up and 4 miles of speed. I made 2 7:11's one was up a hill, then I had to slow down I was dieing next was a 7:30 and then I got a horrible side stitch so I had to double over and walk... then I picked it up again and did a couple of 8's. I was supposed to have 4 miles at 7:25, but I didn't quite make it... Close though, I don't feel too bad. Cant' help a side stitch. today is a day of rest so I went to the gymn. tomorrow i'm running with people on the WCC Gilman trail... should be fun. nice slow long run. I need to work on more weights though....

No comments:

Post a Comment