Wednesday, March 30, 2011

yuck speed

So I have done 2 speed work outs so far to train for the 5k. the first was on the tread mill, it was tough. Last week I had  6 mile one, 1 mile warm up, then 4 miles at 7:25 pace. then a mile cool. it was SO tough. I ran my mile and it ended right at the bottom of a hill, so my first one was all a hill. I ran it in 7:11, the next one was 7:11 as well, right into a wind and up another hill, then I started to get tired and ran a 7:30, then I got a HORRIBLE side stitch and doubled over pain and had to walk for a bit, If finished off with the next 2 miles adverting 8ish or a little better. of course that was up another big hill, but a short one. It was though. then I did 6.5 the next day at an easy pace and then Friday was off no running. I did other stuff, Saturday I did a 10 miler. This week I did 6 yesterday, today I will do my track speed work out. it's 7 miles... not sure how it will work it's 1 mile repetes with 400m jogs between. should be interesting, hope I can do it. Then I just have 2 more 6's and a 11 mile long run.

-- my speed work last night went pretty good. my shin/calf is starting to hurt though, probably from running at 5pm 7m speed work then 5am 6 mile easy run. I wanted to do the speed work out on the track, but the high school kids were using it,so I had to run past it and just go down a country road... it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but the 2 miles after the 1 mile repeats was pretty tough. my legs were dead. I'm looking forward to not doing anything today after work that involves legs, except walking Matilda of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment