Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The wall

So I had an easy week last week -- I thought I would come back strong this week. Not the case. I'm having a hard time. I feel hungry and tired -- i'm not sleeping well, i'm having trouble going at my goal pace for the run -- before I had to slow down, not it's everything I can do to keep up with the minimum pace. It sucks. I think i need more food -- maybe an iron pill? I don't know, but I need to fix this, i'm just tired, I'm exited about going out to run but then it's just hard... and it didn't use to be. my legs hurt and they shouldn't because i'm going slower than usual. it's just lame.

April 15th -- So I feel better now. Although Thursday I tanked my speed work out, it still seemed to get me out of my slow poke rut. I was supposed to do 5 800's at 3:15 w 400 jogs inbetween, but then I had to go to the bathroom and non were available and I felt like I was going to pee myself if i pushed myself hard enough for the speed work out, so I only made it 3.5 of them... then i just ran faster for the rest of the miles. I felt horribally guilty, but at least I still did the miles. Yesterday I planned on getting up early and running, but when I woke up I hurt, so I went back to bed and ran after work -- actually had 7 miles in 20mph winds in 7:54, that made me feel pretty good. and I didn't even feel that bad. some of the time the wind was at my back which was a pick up, but most of the time it was to my side, some of the time in my face and that was hard, but still.... finally a good run & fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment