Monday, August 29, 2011

Aug 22nd - Aug 27th

Five weeks to go! This week was the step down week I have been looking forward to. The weather was great for all of the runs - made a huge differance. Monday Debi met at my house at 4:30am - we headed out and did a 6.5 mile run. We never even saw the sun rise - it's crazy how late it it coming up now. Tuesday we ran the 7 mile loop at Debs house. I got to her house at 4:40 and knocked.... she didn't anwser - her alarm haddent gone off or if it did she had turned it off. So we got off to a later start, but saw the sun rise & it was beautiful - I really felt low on sleep - very tired. Wednesday Deb met at my hosue again for a 6.2 mile run. for the first time in months I walked down the staris and it didn't hurt. It was actually strange. we met at 4:30 at my house for the run. it was alright. not awesome, but not bad. Thursday we met with Boot camp and ran with the group. It was the fastest 8 mile run I have run since I got hurt. Dawn is traing for a marathon 2 weeks after mine and she wants to qualify for the Bosten - she's fast. But I kept up somehow. we ran at an average pace of 8:03 or something like that. one mile speed was 7:45 and it was right up a hill. I wore my newton shoes for all of the runs last week and they still feel great. I kind of love them. I was afrade that I would agravate my healing knee and shin, but Friday I felt fine. Went biking all day in Chicago - Was fun. Debi worked Saturday morning so I slept in and had a nice leasure morning. We decided to run at 5:30 from Siliver Springs. It was a really nice run - I felt great. Debi didn't feel as good but she still made it - her calves were tight. we ran 11.5 in about 8:30 - 8:45's it was nice to feel good for a somewhat longer run for a change. Nothing really too eventful happened last week with running. Pretty much all the runs were good ones. IT's got to be me healing and the weather getting cooler - maybe the Newton shoes too. This coming week is the big 22 miler week. I'll admit... i'm a little afrade.

No comments:

Post a Comment