Monday, August 8, 2011

Well... I guess I'll keep training then




 After my amazing week off I continued my plan to take it easy for a week. I ran a 5m run alone, then a 6.5 mile run with my sister and then a 5.5m run with boot camp at silver springs. Felt pretty good, but deffantly suffering with my breathing because of the time off.


Sunrise run with Deb
Friday night I had corn on the cob, pasta with a sauce made from yello squash and my home grown tomatoes, topped with grilled chicken. I also ate 3 fig bars :). I was in bed and sleeping by 8:15pm. Saturday I was up at 4:10am for a 18 mile canal trail run. I was supposed to meet jer and Deb at Jers house at 4:45, but I got pulled over after my first turn :( Aparently I didn't stop fully at the stop sign going out of my street nor did I signal) The officer also let me know that I could get a ticket for not having my licance changed over to my new addeess - but he didn't give me a ticket or a written worning - he just made me late. I think this is the 4th time I have gotten pulled over in Plano with Matilda - she didn't even care - she was half asleep the whole ride and i'm sure she was curled up on the couch at Jers the whole time I was out running. Lucky dog. We got out to where we wanted to start and the gate was closed - so we headed to the place we started at last time - we were trying to avoide the .6 mile treck of black top on that part of the trail, but oh well... We started out at a good steady pace and kept it up pretty much the whole run. I ended up having 2 gummys but all my water bottles were with endurance fule. it worked out pretty good but I did get sick of the stuff and really craving regular water. but it gave me energy, so that's ok. We put some bottles on a rock at mile 4.5 again.
I actually stayed pretty hydrated - I even had left over water, it was nice. The last 3 miles were tough, my hips really hurt and I just wanted to stop. but it was better than last time - last 18 mile run my knee hurt the first 5 miles and the last 5 miles I felt pretty awful, so deffantly an emprovement.

post run stretching - so
glad to be done
Jer finished about 7 minutes behind us - it was funny watching him run the last few tenths of his run, he looked about like I had felt. After the run I had some breat and protine drink. Then I took a cold bath at home, had coffee and used my foam roller. Yesterday I was a little sore and I am today as well, but not too bad. My knee feels just fine, but my shin hurts. I didn't run this morning - I might tonight. not sure. Might just give myself more time to revover... 18 miles is no joke. This week I'm going  to try to do my speed work out - Might go for a little run tonight - then run with B.C tomorrow. Wednesday speedwork out, Thursday boot camp run.... 16 mile run this weekend, however I might wait for Sunday to go with Deb. Probably will, i'd much rather run with her than run alone.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment