Sunday, September 18, 2011

But I like wine...




I go to start parks to hike too. 
This week I figured since I'm tapering my running, I will taper my wine as well... I made it till Wednesday for the week - thats pretty good right :)?

Tuesday morning Deb came over to my house at 4:30am - we ran 6.5 miles rather slowly (somewhere around a 9m mile pace) we were both feeling a little stiff from Sunday, and my butt was KILLING me. It was alright though besides that. Wednesday we planned on going in the morning, but I woke up like I have for the last 3 Wednesdays and texted "skips?" to Deb. She texted "skips" back and I reset my alarm and happy fell back asleep. She started the skips thing - I think she was really tired once and texted me that on accident, it's stuck since then. So, we didn't run Wednesday... Oh well. It happens. For me it makes getting up the next day a sure thing - i'd feel too guilty doing it twice in a row.
See, I do things besides run & drink. I like to climb too
Oh yeah... I was supposed to cut down on the wine..
Thursday we decided to do the 8 mile loop at Debs. I got up at 4:10am YUCK! and headed over to Debs. I had dragged my winter running shirts out sadly because it was 36 degrees! Totally suckie. I was angry. It was cold. I wanted to go back to bed. I wanted hot coffee and a fuzzy blanket but instead I was driving to my sisters house to go on a STUPID run. I wore a long sleeved running shirt with a short sleeved over it, Karpis, my newton shoes which I wasn't going to wear till the marathon but I figured i deserved to because I was actually going even though it was cold... I should have added a head band for my ears and light weight gloves for my hands... Ears and hands never did warm up, but everything else was warm after 2 miles. We went at 8:40 pace. I had forgotten my flash light so all we had was Debi's little tinny one - When cars came I'd pull back and get in a line behind her while she waved her tinny little light which probably gave about as much light as a match, if that... Most cars didn't see us till the last minute and unfortunately we seemed to be running at the same time as a shift change must have been happening at the Manards warehouse. I won't be forgetting my light for a while.

Friday I didn't have to go to work :) it was AWESOME. I got up at 7 and decided to run with Jer. Headed over to his house.... He told me to bring Matilda... So I did. We ran 12.5 miles. It was nice to run over in yorkville again, it had been a while. I felt alright... not too bad not too good. don't think I drank enough water the day before. When we got back... Jers living room was covered in papers... My little doggie must have had a LOT of fun. She had shown Runners world and Men's Health who was boss.
Matilda's fun

Saturday Deb ran by my house (she's 4 miles away) and I joined up with her for 10.3 miles. She haddent run Friday so this was her long run for the week. We went to sliver springs, around, and back on river to eldamain. I wore some shoes I shouldn't have and now, today my knee hurts :(. glad I don't have to run today - i'm not too worried about it though, I have time to heal. I am looking on ebay for a new pair of Newtons. I missed 2 auctions that went for really good prices... so sad....  That's it though for the week. Next week is even less. longest run is 8 miles. kinda crazy!
With all this talk of running, I wanted to talk about the other things I enjoy as well. All the running does cut into my free time, but I have made sure to still have some fun. I love to talk my dog Matilda - she's a 15MO American Bull dog. I got her for a running partner, but she doesn't really like to run endless it's for fun around the yard. we walk all the time though. every day. She also gets up with me in the mornings, goes out side, then when I leave curls up on the couch... when I come back from running I let her outside with me and she usually stretches with me. It's cute. I also really like wine tastings, hiking, and rock climbing, among other things. I was a little nervous 2 weeks ago rock climbing. it was rough on my knees and I could have gotten hurt before the race... but I didn't and it was so worth the risk. I have to be careful with my wine because it does dehydrate me - This coming week I will defiantly not drink much. I do enjoy watching movies & eating pizza.... Their is deffantly more to my life than running - and after this race I will have more time to enjoy everything else! I'm looking forward to it, but I won't say that this will be my last marathon. Someday I want to qualify for the Boston (real original, I know:)) I also want to run the Rim Run. My sister and I decided to do it when she's 40, then after that when i'm 40 we'll do an iron man, THEN....We will quit and just both get fat and old. the end

Our 22 mile rout. 
Matilda - My Dog. She's only good for about 2 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment