Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The "Runners High"

1 week till 26.2. I'm not nervous YET. I got my race packet in the mail and have read up on what to do before the race. I have started my list of things to bring. Still thinking about weather or not I will wear a water belt. I"m exited still - We all decided to sign up for the pasta party - it's a buffet the day before for dinner. I think it will be fun to meet the other runners.
This week On Monday we decided not to run till later in the day after work. We met at 5pm and went out for 6.5. It was warm because the sun was out, but not bad. I felt good. 8:25 pace.
Spoiled Matilda
Tuesday We did not run, but I took Matilda on a hike at Silver springs.
Wednesday I headed over do debs at 4:30am. It was cold, I was tired. and yet again, I wished I had been my dog.  She had a nice morning nap while I left to go run. Lucky dog.
We ran 7.3 miles at a 8:45ish pace. Felt fine. I can't complain.
Thursday I headed out to run with Boot camp at 4:45 - Deb skipped. We ran 5.5 miles @ 8:05ish pace. I don't know for sure because I forgot my watch. My wrist felt very light, maybe that's why I ran faster. Matt ran with me, finally I ruined one of his "easy" runs and made it into a harder faster run. At the end of the run I sprinted up the final little slope. If felt SOOO good. I just love the feeling of my feet only being on the ground for a split second and just surging forward. every muscle in my body working, my lungs taking in  as much oxygen as possible... everything working together for one purpose - to run faster. I felt great all day from it. just thinking of the feeling I got made me almost feel it all over again. That feeling - that's why I run. I get so tired of people bashing running - "it's bad for your knees" they say "it's the worse thing for your body" they say... but I don't agree. maybe it is hard on a body,but i'm pretty sure when i'm old no matter what I do my body is going to suffer, so I might as well have a reason now for how much it's going to hurt later. I do think that the health benefits out weigh the harm. I like this article :http://www.vanderbilt.edu/ans/psychology/health_psychology/running.html

No comments:

Post a Comment