Friday, July 15, 2011

Sick, Tired & Sore

Running through geese


After the first 18 at I&M Canal

As if my training was not going bad enough.... I made it through my first 18 mile run. It was tough. The last 3 miles just about
I&M Canal view of the river
Death Run in 90 degree heat
killed me, if it wern't for Deb, I would have walked. But we made it, all 18. Then I got sick. Now I am SOOOO tired, I can't even run. I tried, twice, and failed, making it about 7.5 miles between the 2 attempts which is only 1.5 mile short of the days goal, so thats not too shabby I suppose. I just don't know when i'll be better. My aches and pains have moved all over the place again. One thing gets better, something else starts hurting worse.  So many factors go into this whole training thing - nutrition, social life, stress, work, home life, family life, personal wellness - it all plays a role. This marathon thing is a lot harder than I thought it would be
Photo credit give to Debi Ostrander Haas
.

No comments:

Post a Comment