Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My lifes roller coster started again....

Life is so un predictable - I suppose that is what makes it interesting.
Yesterday at 5:18pm (17 hours ago) I got this email in my inbox on my phone, I saw the title
"Skyline to the Sea - CANCELLED"
, my heart sorta stopped, and I ran to my computer to read it (waiting for my phone to load just wasn't going to happen)

I cannot thoroughly enough explain my sorrow and regret at having to cancel the upcoming Skyline to the Sea races. The following was just posted to PCTR’s Facebook page:
I am beyond sorry to announce that I am forced to close the doors at PCTR, effective immediately. As many of you know, I have dealt with some very difficult obstacles these past few years which have taken their toll, in many ways, on me and on PCTR. Although they were exacerbated at the end of last year, I truly believed that PCTR could be turned around through the influx of money, the hard work of a few of us, and the support of my friends, but it just wasn’t to be. As a business, PCTR can no longer function.

I know that many runners/entrants will be upset with this decision, but please try to keep in mind that, for each of you, this is a race in your life, but for me, for over 12 years, this has been my life. Moving forward, I am hopeful that other RDs who are friends of mine will take over the upcoming events, and that those of you who have already planned to run will still be able to do so. Thank you for your understanding.
I do know that for some of you, this was a goal race, and for others, a destination race. For others, a first ultra or a first marathon. I hope you know that if anything could have been done by me or anyone else to prevent this, it would have been done.

I have been a part of the trail/ultra community for over 20 years, and PCTR has been hosting events for 12. Thank you for your support all that time, for allowing us to advise you, teach you and learn from you, share your accomplishments, help you reach your goals, and share hugs with you as crossed the PCTR finish lines all those years.

I wish each of you continued successes out on the trails.

Sarah
Pacific Coast Trail Runs
www.PCTrailRuns.com

Crazy, right? At first I didn't exactly believe it, so I hunted down the website - nothing on it - then I found the facebook page and sure enough, the message was their with quite a lot of attention already. Most people said stuff like "So sorry Sarah, thank you so much....." I don't know this Sarah lady, I don't know what's going on, what happened or what would happen. I was with the other group asking "I have not seen my refund in my account yet" I was dissipointed, shocked, my head was spinning a little... My brain was going a mile a minute... Never once did I think I would not run it - I had run 710 miles training for it, sweat buckets, sacrificed staying up late and eating crappy food, spend hours and hours on the road, been through a tone of pain (I have developed such a tolerance to pain that, the other day, I stubbed my toe rather hard.. and... it didn't eve hurt, I guess that's a positive though)   I WOULD run it, now I had to figure out how to do it. SO... I started a facebook group and posted it on the page. "2012 Sky Line to the Sea lets run it anyway!" and from their it took of. We have 40+ people that are going to go, 15 or so are a maybe. We have a conference going on tonight in San francisco about it. Someone is heading up trying to get the shirts that must have been made, someone is heading up transportation to the start, someone got a sign up sheet that everyone is putting numbers down on so that we can all text a number when we finish - just to make sure everyone is safe, we have wives and husbands that are going to make aid stations, people will help with supplies, I'm going to head up a kick ass after party.... Right in the middle of all that madness I was trying to keep up with all the posts on the site, my mom called me and told me that my first Nephew was born.... Exiting, too much action. I headed off to Plano Liquor to get some wine and after a glass started thinking and speaking back at normal speed...
it's going to work out, it's going to happen, and it will be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment