Thursday, June 7, 2012

Saved by Coatal Trail Runs

Last night I got great news! here it is:
I'm the former owner of PCTR and I actually designed and started SttS 5 years ago. I currently own & operate Coastal Trail Runs. I just received tentative approval from the Supervising Ranger to coordinate this event. I'm ordering hi-tech shirts, producing awards, setting up runner check-in, organizing aid stations, marking the course, etc. Basically, I'm trying to pull this together officially so the many runners receive the experience they were promised without any additional cost to them. I currently don't have contact info for the runners so please spread the word that the event will happen. Thanks. Wendell
So we're back to a normal timed race, Aid stations & Hopefully beer at the end! I'm exited, but I also think it's awesome how everyone got together and were going to run it anyway. I read about Wendell, he use to be the partner owner of the PCTR, then for some reason did not want to be a part of it anymore, dropped out of it and said that he would start Coastal Trail runs. After that PCTR had some problems and then made a come back with a new partner who also after a short time did not want to continue. Now they are back to having problems. I read reviews on Yelp about PCTR - they canceled races before last minute, and once simply did not show up for a race, the bus did not come, runners were waiting, volunteers were waiting for supplies.. Pretty awful. Anyway, I'm really happy that this guy Wendell stepped in - they will not get our entry money, so i'm thinking I would like to donate something to help out, and certainly if I get my refund send that money to them. He's defiantly making a good name for him and his team by doing this - I never thought about all that goes into these races till I had to think about how we were going to do it with out a team of experienced people to help. So thank you Coastal Trail runs! The race will go on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment