Monday, January 17, 2011

First 10 miler in a while

On saturday I decided I want to run 10 miles. I got up at 7am, rolled over to grab my I phone to check the weather. It was about 20 (going to be 24 by the time I was going to run) with 11 mile/hour winds. The winds almost made me stay in bed, but I decided to toughen up and go anyway --  I made some coffee & ate some oat meal. Then I made some potato & steak soup and put it in the crock pot. I had decided to run alone because I wanted to go at my own pace, and not have any one (JERRY) complain about how many miles I wanted to go, or what rout to go, I wanted to go exactly where I wanted to go and at the pace I wanted to go at. I geared up, I decided to go with sweat pants, long sleeved shirt, jacked (for wind protection) hood, head band and gloves. My outfit ended up working nicely, probably could have done with out the hood.

I headed out at 8:10am -- 10 minutes later than I had planned because my potato cutting tool longer than I had thought. I headed down hail street, I was feeling pretty good, exept for a little side cramp I was working out, I made my way up the first big hill, not too bad, down black hawk road and on to river. When I got to Sliver springs I noticed that it did not seem to be plowed, I stuck with my plan and went down anyway -- non of it was plowed, and my pace wend down to a 9:30 -- I was slipping, the snow was un even, I was regretting my decidion to run down their, but their was no turning back, I kept on going. It was the longest hardest mile of the whole run, but I finally found my way back to the black top, up the steep hill and out to the road. I took Ben street all the way back into town, about half way down the street as I was climbing up the never ending hill, the wind hit me -- it wasen't cold to me at that point, but it did cause some resistance. Once I got into town I was good -- I was sheltered by the wind and caught my breath from the hill that did finally end. I made it back in time to stretch, roll out on the fome roller, shower and head to Yoga for my second week. Yoga was very crowded, I had to sit up by the teacher, but nothing was keeping me from being in the class, so I did what I had to do. I still don't feel any more flexible, but it must be doing something. Down Dog, Crocodile, up dog,.... and all those other uncomfortable poses.. After Yoga Jer and I headed to the soup -- it was SOOOOO good! Chopped lean steak on the bottom, potatoes, carrots, cream of celery soup, spices & chicken broth. A great after work out lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment