Sunday, January 23, 2011

Oh no, more Snow

This weeks running went pretty good. We had some good boot camp strength training sessions on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, I logged 1.5ish miles on all of those days plus some springing. Tuesday was icy, so we ran inside, I did 7, Thursday no one wanted to run outside and Jer skipped, so I decided to run from home to the YMCA. I ran to clatt park, the Needman road, and back through Shafer woods then through Lakewood Springs. It was nice, Cold, somewhere around 15 degrees, but no wind. As usual I put one too many layers on. On Saturday I went on a almost 9 miler alone. I left around 8:30 and headed down Hale street, down to black hawk, to river and over to Eldamain, down shafer, through Lakewood Springs, down 34 and back through Clatt park to home. It was hard. It was snowing, so the roads were slippery, it slowed me down a LOT. my average was 8:55 I think, quite a bit slower than usual. I just wasn't feeling it. I"m hoping that I am not having a burn out. When I went through Lakewood it was really snowie and hard to run, then when I got to 34 I was SO cold, my face was numb, tons of cars were driving by, snow was landing on my face and melting, making me even colder.... it was windy. Not fun. But I made it back, I cut out a little part of it that has a hill that I knew would not be plowed at all, so it ended up being 8.70... That's alright.

When I got back I had a protine drink, rolled out on the roller and stretched. I skipped Yoga because my parents were coming over with some stuff for my house. After that I shoved the driveway, and took Matilda for a walk. Today I took her to the forest preserve for a 2 mile walk. That's my excersize for the week -- I plan to do no more.

My diet through out the week wasent TOO bad. I had some candy at Jers house that I probably didn't need, yesterday I ate too many crackers and 2 muffins, and some chips. Through out the week I just struggle, I want to eat all the time, but I can't eat as much as I use to because I'm not running as much, and i'd really rather not put extra miles in just so I can stuff my face more. Today will be 23 days with no alcohol, 4 more days of the January challenge. The annoying thing is that I have not lost any weight from it. You'd think that cutting out 700 or so calories a week for 4 weeks would do something. I think i've just been more stressed so I've wanted to snack on lots of food instead of a couple of glasses of wine. I am looking forward to the 27th, finally I can have wine in my new hosue.

No comments:

Post a Comment